Monday, July 14, 2008

Change in plans

Last week I decided I definitely want to go to grad school for journalism. No more dithering around, wincing away from the cost and the hemmorraghing local papers, or dragging my feet over taking out more student loans. It might be next fall, it might be two years from now, but I'm going. After, you know, I study for the GRE, take the GRE, track down my old professors to get recommendation letters, put together a portfolio of clips, apply and all the other fun stuff that goes with that.

Last week I also heard from my boss that we're getting another huge case in, and that I probably have a fair amount of overtime coming my way in the near future. While this will hopefully help pay for grad school, it also means I'll have even less time to prepare.

The combination of these two things has forced me to admit there's no way I'm going to have time to blog regularly in the forseeable future. Or play softball. (Sorry team!) I'll continue to post links to my clips on this site, but I probably won't be writing any posts specifically for this site any time soon. Let me know in the comments (or email) if you'd like me to email you whenever I publish something new.

Thank you all for your continued encouragement and interest in my writing!

-Chris

No comments: